Dog Complaints

In order for action to be taken on any vicious or nuisance dog, a signed complaint must be sent in writing to the Animal Control Officer. Such complaint should include the name and address of the dog owner, the specific actions to support that the dog is vicious or a nuisance, and the dates and times such behavior was observed.
No action may be taken by the A.C.O. unless such complaint is in writing. In the event of a dog bite, the animal control officer shall be notified immediately.

How do I submit a complaint?

  1. You may come into the police department, and complete one there. The dispatcher will be able to supply you with the form when you arrive. 
  2. You may download and complete the form below.
    This form can then be dropped off or mailed to:
    Hadley Animal Control
    Attn: Dog Complaints
    15 East Street
    Hadley, Ma 01035

  3. You may download and complete the form below.
    Once completed you can scan it and email it to: and

Upon receipt, you will be contacted by a member of the Animal Control Division about your complaint.