The Hadley DPW Water Division is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Town's 4 Wells, the Callahan Ultrafiltration Plant, the Mt. Warner pump station, approximately 62 miles of water mains, over 550 fire hydrants and @ 2175 service connections and meters.
The Water Divisions specific functions include:
- Ensuring that the water provided meets all federal, state and local regulations for safe drinking water;
- Maintaining and repairing all facilities required to supply water to the residents and businesses of Hadley;
- Upgrade to a radio read meter system. Replace water meters on a 15 year cycle;
- Responding to citizen inquiries and complaints relative to water quality, pressure, leaks and water bills;
- Conducting biannual meter readings of the Town’s water customers;
- Repairing leaks in water mains and water services in a timely manner to avoid the waste of water;
- Conducting an annual water distribution system flushing program;
- Maintaining fire hydrants to ensure that the domestic and fire protection needs of Hadley are met;
- Coordinate and oversee the Town’s Cross Connection Control Program. For more information click here.