The Goodwin Memorial Library serves all members of the Hadley community, as well as members of surrounding communities. In order to ensure that library patrons are able toobtain desired items quickly, patrons are asked to respect due dates and to handle items with care.
Books & AudioBooks
- Lending Period: Items circulate for 3 weeks.
- Limit: No more than 15 books per household may be out at one time, with a maximum of 3 “new” or special topic books. No more than 3 recorded books may be out at one time.
- Renewals: New items are not renewable. Other items may be renewed if not reserved for another patron. Renewable items may be renewed by phone.
Walk-In Collection (7-day books)
- Lending Period: 7 days
- Limit: 1 item
- Renewal: No renewals, no holds.
Videos and DVDs
- Lending Period: 7 days
- Limit: Maximum of 5 videos per household, with no more than 1 “new” DVD.
- Renewal: Most items may be renewed if not reserved for another patron. “New” DVDs are not renewable.
- Lending Period: 7 days, not renewable.
- Lending Period: 3 days, not renewable. (Walk-in loan only.)
As of June 2016 the Goodwin Library no longer charges fines for returned Hadley items (with the exception of eReaders and Museum Passes). When borrowing items from the Goodwin Library, please understand the following policies regarding fees and fines. While the Library no longer collects fines for overdue items, fines will still appear in your library record when an item becomes overdue. the Evergreen automated library system utilizes the standard accruals for various library items (generally $.10/day for a book and $1/day for a DVD). When a borrower's account reaches the blocking threshold of $10 that patron's account will be frozen until the issue is resolved. When late items are returned, fines accrued for items owned by Hadley will be waived. Fines for overdue items belonging to other libraries will NOT be waived.
In lieu of fines, patrons are welcome to make small donations to the Friends of the Goodwin Memorial Library. A jar will be placed on the counter for this purpose. Larger gifts to the Library are always welcome – Please see the Library Donation Policy for more information. For more information, please read the complete Fines & Fees policy:
Fees for Damaged or Lost Materials
- Items requiring replacement will be assessed at full replacement cost. Patrons may be allowed to obtain identical format replacements themselves, with the advance permission of the library director, thereby reducing expense.
Patrons with unpaid late fees exceeding $10.00 will be unable to check out items. Patrons with outstanding late videos will be unable to check out videos.
Please remember to renew items before their due dates to avoid late fees. Thank you.
Adopted: August 5, 2008
Goodwin Memorial Library Board of Trustees