Skip Navigation
Detail Detail
Town of Hadley Home
This table is used for column layout.
Town Resources

Theatrical License MGL Ch. 140 Sec. 181
The Select Board only has authority to issue Theatrical Licenses under MGL Chapter 140 Section 181.  

An Theatrical License is needed for theatrical exhibitions, public shows, public amusements and exhibitions of every description, to be held upon weekdays only, to which admission is obtained upon payment of money or upon the delivery of any valuable thing, or in which, after free admission, amusement is furnished upon a deposit of money in a coin controlled apparatus.  An Entertainment License may be issued by the Select Board only after a public hearing, and only after the application for a license is approved by the Zoning Enforcement Officer, Fire Chief and Police Chief.

Licenses expire on December 31st and must be renewed annually.  The fee for an Annual Theatrical License is $100.00.

Theatrical Entertainment Application.pdf

Town of Hadley, 100 Middle Street, Hadley, MA 01035