Skip Navigation
Detail Detail
Town of Hadley Home
This table is used for column layout.
Town Resources

Special Alcohol (One Day) Licenses
The Local Licensing Authorities may issue special licenses for the sale of wines and/or malt beverages to any enterprise however, special licenses for the sale of all alcoholic beverages may be issued to non-profit organizations only.

The Local Licensing Authorities cannot grant special licenses to:
a. any person for more than a total of 30 days per calendar year,
b. to any person that has an on premises license application pending before it,
c. any premises that has an alcoholic beverages license.

Special Licensees must purchase alcoholic beverages from a licensed supplier. Special licensees CANNOT purchase alcoholic beverages from a package store and CANNOT accept donations of alcoholic beverages from anyone. Click here for a list of authorized sources.

For more information on One Day Special Licenses, please see 204 CMR 7.00

Please complete and sign all documents listed below and return with fee to the Licensing Coordinator, Select Board Office, 100 Middle Street, Hadley, MA  01035.  Please be advised that License Applications are reviewed during scheduled Select Board Meetings, generally the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month.  Applicants must file all documents filled out in their entirety at least ten days prior to a Select Board meeting in order to be heard.  All request for one day permits will be reviewed by the Hadley Police Department, Fire Department and Building Inspector.

Town of Hadley, 100 Middle Street, Hadley, MA 01035