Skip Navigation
Detail Detail
Town of Hadley Home
This table is used for column layout.
Town Resources

Water & Sewer User Fees

About your Water & Sewer Bill:

All users, abutters and owners of developed property which can be directly served by public water and sewer are subject to the water & sewer fees.  In Hadley, with few exceptions, all have water service, however, not all areas of Town have sewer service.  

The owner of a property is ultimately responsible for all water/sewer use fees, even if the property is a rental property.  Upon request, a tenant of a property can be billed, however, a tenant's failure to pay a water/sewer bill does not relieve the property owner of their ultimate responsiblity for the billing.

Billing Cycle:

Water & Sewer bills are issed twice a year.  The first cycle is issued August 1st due September 1st.  The second cycle is issued February 1st due March 1st.

Questions about your Water/Sewer bill:

Should you have a question regarding how your bill is calculated, please contact the Collector's Office at 584-4246.  Should your question pertain to the amount of usage, please contact the Water Department at 586-8756.


Requests for abatement must be made on an approved abatement form and must be submitted to the Selectboard.  The Selectboard, as Water & Sewer Commissioners, has sole authority to approve or deny abatements.

Unpaid Water & Sewer User Fees:

If your Water & Sewer bill remains unpaid after the due date, interest will accrue at a rate of 14%.  Demand notices are only issued after the Second Cycle billing remains delinquent.  A demand of $15.00 is added to the billing.  Fees that continue to be delinquent will be liened to the third quarter Real Estate Bill.  A lien fee of $20.00 for Water and $20.00 for Sewer is assessed as well.

Town of Hadley, 100 Middle Street, Hadley, MA 01035