Where do I get a copy of my birth certificate?
If you wwere born in Hadley or your parents lived in Hadley when you were born, you may obtain your birth certificate at the Town Clerk’s office or at the:
State Registry of Vital Records and Statistics
150 Mt. Vernon Street, 1st Floor
Dorchester, MA 02125-3105
If your parents lived in another city or town at the time of your birth, with some exceptions, you may obtain your birth certificate from that clerk’s office, or in the city or town you were actually born in.
How much does a birth certificate cost?
In Hadley the cost is $10.
How do I get a copy of a birth certificate?
You can obtain a copy of your birth certificate from the Town Clerk’s office in two ways:
1. By mailing a request to the Clerk’s office or
2. By physically entering the office.
A request by mail will be processed and sent out the day it is received at the Clerk’s Office. You must make sure of four things:
1. Your check or money order should be made payable to the Town of Hadley
2. Enclose the payment along with your written request
3. State your full birth name and date of birth on the request
4. Send a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Is I. D. necessary?
Usually identification is not necessary, however, in certain circumstances it is required
Are birth certificates public records?
Yes, with the exception of impounded records, all others are available to the public.
If you were born in Hadley or your parents lived in Hadley...